Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Inner "Martha"!

But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:41-42 NLT)

I have mentioned how much I love planning and I think I'm overly organized.  This is a great quality, most of the time. It's is very helpful when planning big events. It's helpful when being prepared for work. But, it also has it's down sides. I am guessing that Martha and I were just a like. She was fretting about all the details and making. Sure her plans were just perfect. The planning and preparation actually got in the way of the event. Yes, I know all about that. 

My CMA family and I are in the last week of preparations for our annual fundraiser. I'm starting to feel my "Martha" coming out. I just need to remember God is in charge and I can't let the planning and the stress of my perfectionism get in the way of our purpose. We just want to share the love of Jesus with the bikers in the Fort Wayne area. That doesn't take a lot of planning. It takes the Holy Spirit moving in us!

Dear Lord, I pray your blessings on our CMA event next Saturday. Please help me continue to focus on the details of serving others and not the details of this event. Our purpose is clear, you have ordained it. We need to love others so they will come to know you. It's not for our glory, it's not for our purposes. It's for your glory and your purposes. Amen!



No comments: