Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Iron sharpens iron

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. (Proverbs 27:17 NLT)

I've always heard this verse used to talk about men and their friendships. I have had men in my life that do challenge me and sharpen me through holding me accountable, but I have other friends that also sharpen me. The best friend I've ever had is my wife. She knows me. She complements me and is truly a part of me. She is honest with me and is not intimidated by me. She loves me so much that she speaks up when my plans don't seem right. She is not about to let me mess up. She is always there to pick me up or knock me down when I need it.

So, when I read these verses I think of Stephanie. She is what sharpens me! She makes me better. I praise God for this lifetime friendship and wonderful love. I am saddened by people that do not have someone they can call best friend. I am saddened that many freindships don't go more than a status on facebook. 

We need people in our lives that "sharpen" us. That sharpening is for a lifetime.mits not just a one time experience. Lord I thank you for sending Stephanie into my life. I thank you for sending those in my life that sharpen me and make me better, a better servant for you. I praise you for your love. I praise you for my life and the joy of serving you. Amen!

No comments: