Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Storms of life.

The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. Then he asked them, “Where is your faith?”........ (Luke 8:24-25 NLT)

Yesterday wasn't one of my best days. I'm tired, cranky, busy, and stressed. It's times like these I need the Lord more than ever. It's during these "stormy" times, when I am no different than the disciples in the boat. It's times like this I can here Jesus asking "Where is your faith?" I know God is in charge. The storms will pass and all will be calm. I need to let my faith take over and rest easy. I am dissappointed when I let the busyness, stress, and life's challenges get to me. 

Dear Lord, I need you right now. Help me reflect your love even in these challenging times. I love you through it all. Help me get beyond the daily grind and look to you for your guidance. Please keep me safe through the storms and bring the calmness I need. I ask these things, not deserving anything, but through your amazing grace. Amen!

No comments: