Saturday, September 11, 2010

Don't slack off!

1 Timothy 6 (The Message)

 13-16I'm charging you before the life-giving God and before Christ, who took his stand before Pontius Pilate and didn't give an inch: Keep this command to the letter, and don't slack off. Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler, High King, High God. He's the only one death can't touch, his light so bright no one can get close. He's never been seen by human eyes—human eyes can't take him in! Honor to him, and eternal rule! Oh, yes.


I have mentioned before and will always emphasize "I Love Prayer."  I love prayer because it offers a perfect chance to sit back and watch the Spirit work. One of the things I love to pray for is salvation for individuals.  I know quite a few people who do not know and have not committed themselves to Christ.  I love to include them in my DAILY prayer list. Very rarely do I see the Spirit move quickly in answering these prayers. I'm always so impatient. The Lord moves at his own pace. It is so joyous when that person we have been praying for takes the final step.  It is amazing to witness.  The spirit is constantly at work. He is relentless in his determination to soften the heart of those people we pray for without ceasing.

When we don't see results, we need to stand firm.  We need to be relentless in our own prayer.  We can't slack off.  We need to know that we are not alone in our pursuit of this person. We have reinforcements and the Army of God behind us.  The Lord will arrive, just on time.  Just when we need him, he will appear.  He will appear in a light so bright no one can get close to him.  The ruler of life eternal is there in all his strength and power. Never give up on praying for these people.  Never give an inch! Be relentless, be confident, be focused like their life depends on it. It does!

No comments: