Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Extraordinary Day!

2 Thessalonians 1 (The Message)

 11-12Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he's called you to be, pray that he'll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely.


How many days have you had in your life that you could say were "Extraordinary days".  I can think of a few.  
I remember receiving Christ when I was at Junior High Church Camp (Camp Adventure).  It was a great night.  I can remember it clearly.  I remember the smells of camp, the routine, the thoughts I had coming back home.


I remember the day I was married and all of the joy that was on that day. The great celebration by all my friends and the great journey it started me on.  32 years ago seems like yesterday.


I remember the birth of each of my daughters and all of the excitement and anticipation. Mckenzie being the first child on either side of the family.  The whole family was their to witness this birth.  Lindsae with her false labor and not really knowing if this was the time.  Kelley and all of the drama of birth, surgery, and recovery.  What a crazy exciting time in my life.  They were all extraordinary days.


I know their will be at least one more extraordinary day in my life. I might even get lucky to have more than one.  It will be THE Extraordinary Day.  Everything God is doing in my life is preparing me for that special day.  Every single day Jesus is taking my good ideas, my will to do good, and my thoughts and making them amount to something. He is taking me and molding me so that I fit into my extraordinary day. Without him my days are just plain old days. My ideas are just ideas. My thoughts are pointless thoughts. With him all of these things mean something special.  With him my life has true meaning. With God, we can look forward to the most Extraordinary day that ever could be.  The day when we are at the feet of Jesus. The day with endless joy, no more sorrow, no more pain. That will be THE EXTRAORDINARY DAY of all days.  When we all get to heaven, what a day, what a glorious day that will be.


Thank You Lord for the preparing a place for me and a Day that will be the most extraordinary day of my life.  Thank you for making my life on this earth mean something.  Thank you for the molding you do in my life to make me "fit" into your kingdom.  Thank You Lord! Amen!

No comments: