Sunday, September 19, 2010

Do a favor for Christ!

Philemon 1 (The Message)

 17-20......Do me this big favor, friend. You'll be doing it for Christ, but it will also do my heart good.21-22I know you well enough to know you will. You'll probably go far beyond what I've written. 


The past two weekends (Saturdays) I have had to ask a couple of co-workers to do me a favor. Last weekend we had the Christian Motorcycle Association State Rally and I had a Soccer game that needed to be covered. This past weekend I was asked to help out at a Ride for Recovery event and had another soccer game.  Because they were willing to take time out of their schedule, I was able to work for a couple of great organizations in Christian Service. They may not know it, but they were doing a favor for Christ.
I have such a great group of people to work with. I can't remember a time when asked, a fellow coach or co-worker didn't help out where they could.  More often than not, they go way beyond what was asked. It really does my heart good to know that people in this world still care.  When someone does a favor for you, how do you react? Doesn't it make you feel like you need to do something nice for them? That's exactly how it makes me feel. Wouldn't this be a wonderful place to live if we all started doing favors for each other. Serving each other, "Loving your neighbor", is one of the great commandments. Loving your neighbor starts with selfless sacrifice.  It starts with doing a simple favor. It might be just watering the flowers while they are on vacation. It may be taking meals when they are sick or in the hospital. It may be working for them so they can serve at church. If we all put our neighbors and friends first in our lives, If we are willing to give a helping hand, this world would be a much better place. It would do our heart good and Christ would love it! Do someone a favor this week! Commit some act of selfless sacrifice for a co-worker! Love your Neighbor! You'll be doing it for them, but you'll also be doing it for Christ!

Thanks Bob and Bob for helping me these past two weekends. I appreciate it and so does Christ!

Dear Lord, Thank you for great friends and co-workers. Thank you for people who still care enough they are willing to sacrifice to help. Open our hearts and our minds to serving others.  Help us to not just say we love our neighbor, but to act on that Love! Amen!

No comments: