Thursday, September 9, 2010

Liar! Liar!

1 Timothy 4 (The Message)


 1-5The Spirit makes it clear that as time goes on, some are going to give up on the faith and chase after demonic illusions put forth by professional liars. These liars have lied so well and for so long that they've lost their capacity for truth.

I have a strange sense of humor.  I love the recent Geico commercial with Abe Lincoln.  He is so honest that he can't even tell a little white lie to Mary about how she looks in a dress.  I think I'm weird because I can't get enough of this commercial.  I just bust out laughing. (It's apparently not that funny because Stephanie never laughs and she always looks at me strange.)

On the other hand, do you know any professional liars? I have met a few. I am amazed at their capacity to believe their own lies.  I have had students who have lied to me too. I had one situation where I even had video evidence.  This particular student stuck with their lie even though the evidence was overwhelming.

I also know a large number of people who are so gullible.  They would believe anything and often do.  They are so susceptible to the lies of the enemy. Paul says it is inevitable that some will fall away for their faith because of the lies of satan.  The lies seem so convincing.  They seem so real.  There are so many different religions today and so many people who fall for those religions as being the TRUTH.  There is only one truth.  That truth is Jesus, who was God in flesh came to Earth, walked among us, healed many, and loved us.  He loved us so much that he took it upon himself to suffer death on a cross so we could be saved.  He rose 3 days later and has gone to prepare a magnificent place for those who believe.  He will come again and all other religions and beliefs will be exposed as lies.  The followers of those lies will not survive.  Believers will live forever in eternity. Praise God!  Don't lose our capacity for truth.  Examine your heart and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free!

Dear Father in Heaven, protect me from the deceptions of this world.  Reveal to me the real truth. Help me to stay focused on THE TRUTH.  Help me to accept the truth of the Love of your son and the forgiveness of my sins! Amen.

No comments: