Monday, September 20, 2010

Angels watching over me!

Hebrews 1 (The Message)

 14Isn't it obvious that all angels are sent to help out with those lined up to receive salvation?


Ok I know we're a long way from Christmas but I love the Christmas show "It's a Wonderful Life" I can't believe that this show would need to be explained. I can't imagine that anyone has not seen it. Clarence is an angel and comes to rescue George Bailey.  Clarence helps George by showing him what it would be like if he was never born. In the End George is saved and Clarence earns his wings.

Do you believe in Angels?  You should.  It's very biblical.  Although the bible never mentions anything about Angel wings, it does mention alot about Angels. This whole chapter in Hebrews talks about angels and this one verse gives us an idea why angels exist.  Angels are sent to help us. I love hearing stories about encounters people have with angels. I would guess that many of us have encountered angels but don't even know it.  It's rare to really know for certain you have encountered an angel.

Here is an angel story from Chuck Swindoll, July 31,2010, "Thankful for Angels" --Several years ago some high school fellas from the church I pastored in Southern California went on a mountain-climbing excursion, along with their youth leader. While taking in the breathtaking sights, however, the leader realized he had lost the trail. A heavy snowfall had completely covered the path, and he didn't have a clue where they were or how they could get back to the main camp. Sundown was not far away, and they were not equipped to spend the night on the craggy, windblown slopes where the temperature would soon drop even lower.
While trudging through the snow, entertaining thoughts just this side of panic, they suddenly heard someone on the slopes above them yell down: "Hey—the trail is up here!" They glanced up and to their relief saw another climber in the distance. Without hesitation, they began to make their way up to the large boulder where the man was sitting. The climb was exhausting, but their relief in finding the way gave their adrenaline a rush.
Finally, they arrived . . . but to their surprise the man who had yelled at them was nowhere to be found. Furthermore, there were no traces in the snow that anyone had been sitting on the boulder, nor were there footprints around the rock. The trail, however, stretched out before them, leading them to safety. The boys not only learned a valuable lesson about the wilderness but also firmed up their belief in encountering "angels without knowing it."
Angels are just another example of the Love God has for us. Isn't it amazing that God created these beings to watch over us and to help us in our need. I really can't think of a time I encountered an angel. But, I do know that God has watched over me for all of my 50 years. I have faith to believe that he cares and loves me enough to send an angel if I need one. That is such a comforting feeling. 

Dear Lord, Thank you for your Love. I am constantly amazed at your deep love for me. You are amazing. Please Lord, continue to watch over me. Protect me from evil.  Protect me from myself! Thank You for sending your angels to watch over me. Amen!

No comments: