Friday, August 27, 2010

It;s a wonderful life!

Colossians 4 (The Message)


 2-4Pray diligently. Stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude. Don't forget to pray for us, that God will open doors for telling the mystery of Christ, even while I'm locked up in this jail. Pray that every time I open my mouth I'll be able to make Christ plain as day to them. 5-6Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don't miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out.

Paul had every right to be upset about being jailed.  He could have been depressed beyond imagination but he wasn't.  He was focused on being grateful, telling of christ, being gracious, and building up others.  He lived life with such a positive outlook. 

What a great and wonderful life I live.  Where has the positive attitude toward life gone for you?  Bring out the best in others, not the worst.  Can't we find something good to say. Today is my 50th Birthday and I really have to look back at my "First" 50 years and say, "Wow" I have done it all.  I am blessed so much beyond my wildest dreams.  I am completely baffled about how I could get to this point in my life having been blessed beyond anything I deserve.  The older I get the more I realize life is truly awesome.  I try to make the most of every opportunity that God has given me.  Sometimes I've been successful and other times I've fallen flat on my face.  God has been with me during both circumstances.  Sometimes I open my mouth and I am ashamed at what comes out.  Other times, I am truly amazed at what comes out, knowing it had to be from God.

I am 50 years old.  i haven't realized my goals yet,  I want everyone to know the love of Jesus Christ and the joy he can bring to your life.  I don't know how to put it any clearer. It's as plain as day:  GOD IS THE REASON FOR MY WONDERFUL LIFE. If you want that same wonderful life, to feel the same joy that bursts forth in me.  You have to get to know your savior.  He is leading my life and I can't wait to find out where I go next!  It is not me, but Christ within me!

No comments: