Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Perfect Plan!

Ephesians 1 (The Message)

7-10 He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.

I'm a planner. 90% of my job is to plan. As Athletic Director I work on schedules 5 and 6 years ahead.  I have varsity football officials scheduled through 2015.  I have nearly every other sport (varsity) official hired for the next 2 years.  While we are now beginning the fall sports season, I will soon begin working on plans for the winter season. I have check lists for about every event and occasion. I hate it when I forget something.  About 4 years ago we were getting ready for the National Anthem for the football home opener when it was pointed out to me that there was no flag for the National Anthem. I was so embarrassed.  I hate forgetting things.  I wake up at night in a cold sweat when i realize I have forgotten something for an event.

I am so thankful that God has a better memory than I do.  He has been planning since the beginning of time.  Unlike, the GHS athletic director, he never forgets a thing. His plans are perfect.  He DELIGHTS in the plans he has made. Most people don't see the behind the scenes planning that has gone on to make a football game possible.  We also don't know all the plans God has made for us. We have to trust him.  We have to know that he is  a perfect planner.  When he does reveal the plans, they are always so exciting.  In many ways we do know the plan.  We even know the final result.  The plan goes straight through Christ being crucified and raised in 3 days.  It ends with eternity in Heaven. We may not know all the details but we do know the outcome.  Since we know the outcome we should be able to just sit back and enjoy the trip. I can't wait to see the plan revealed in my life!


Dear Lord,  Thanks for The perfect plans you have made for us.  Thank you for leading us along the path to the final completion of that plan.  I can't wait to see the future you have for me! Amen!

No comments: