Monday, August 16, 2010

Grossly Under-Qualified!

Ephesians 3 (The Message)

 7-8This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to this Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God's way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.
 8-10And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ.


Ok, let me start by saying I AM NO PAUL! However, I can sure relate to these verses. I really think I have been called to write this little blog.  It really is a surprise to me.  I am even a little fearful, but God has provided all the details and is presenting his message through me.  Please, I am certainly not thinking more of myself and my little commentary than I should.  I, like Paul, feel grossly under qualified to share the message of Christ. As far as my natural abilities, I can't say this feels very natural at all and I really don't feel like I am PREACHING.  I just feel like sharing my thoughts about what I'm reading. I have a hope that it might strike a chord with someone.  I really do feel that some of these things are way over my head and without any formal training except my 50 years attending church, I hope I don't make a mistake. This message, these words that I read are so important and can have such a life changing impact.  I don't want to lessen their impact in anyone's life.

It is amazing to me how God can use people, even me.  I know people who are so much more talented and effective in reaching others for Christ.  But, I am really enjoying this and will continue as long as my God feels he can use me.  I feel embarrassingly blessed!

Thank you Lord for using me, a sinner, and certainly the least qualified to present such an "Eternal Message". Thank you for teaching me and providing us with your word.  Guide my thoughts each day and help me to touch someone's heart , even if it's only my own. Amen!

No comments: