Monday, August 30, 2010

I miss my daughters!

1 Thessalonians 3 (The Message)


 1-2So when we couldn't stand being separated from you any longer and could find no way to visit you ourselves, we stayed in Athens and sent Timothy to get you up and about, cheering you on so you wouldn't be discouraged by these hard times. He's a brother and companion in the faith, God's man in spreading the Message, preaching Christ.

These verses made me think of my daughters.  Kelley is living in North Carolina 10 hours away.  Lindsae is 2 hours away in Greenfield, and McKenzie is an hour away in Berne.  I can't stand being separated from them. I just got to see McKenzie and Lindsae  yesterday for a short time.  But, I haven't seen Kelley in such a long time.  As your kids grow up you get used to them being around all the time. Then when they leave the nest, you think you will adjust and you do, for the most part.  But, you still miss them. I know I can't be with them all the time, but I do have a valuable tool that gives me a sense of peace about being separated. That tool is prayer.  Nearly every night I pray for them.  Sometimes very specifically.  Other times I pray in general terms. I always have one specific request. I ask God to send christians into their daily lives.  Just like Paul sent Timothy when he couldn't go the Thessalonica.  I pray constantly that God will send his people to "Cheer them up" when things get difficult.  I pray that people will come into their lives that will keep them from being discouraged in hard  times. I know that I can't always be there for them, but God can.  He knows exactly what's going on in their daily lives.  He knows there joys, sadnesses, needs and wants.  I have seen his mighty hand in my life and the lives of my family.  I get so excited when I get to hear how their lives are going and then I see that God's hand has been at work. He has been so faithful in protecting them.  They have had their share of troubles and hard times, but every single time they do, I can sense his presence and his divine guidance in getting them through the troubles.

Dear Lord, Thank you for sending angels to protect my daughters and their families.  i know you Love them dearly and are active in guiding them through life.  Thank  you for hearing my prayers.  Thank You for being with them when I can't.  Speak to their hearts, Lord.  Show them your love in a special and meaningful way. Draw them closer to you. In your great name I pray, Amen!

No comments: