Saturday, August 21, 2010

BFF's!

Philippians 2 (The Message)


 19-24 .....I have no one quite like Timothy. He is loyal, and genuinely concerned for you. Most people around here are looking out for themselves, with little concern for the things of Jesus. But you know yourselves that Timothy's the real thing. He's been a devoted son to me as together we've delivered the Message. As soon as I see how things are going to fall out for me here, I plan to send him off. And then I'm hoping and praying to be right on his heels.

Do you have a best friend? I have had several people throughout my life that I consider to be best friends.  It started when I was in High School, Tim DeWolfe and Jeff Cisney.  Wow! did we have fun.  We did everything together from Back-Packing in Colorado and Canada, too just hanging out together.  They were in my wedding and I have the fondest memories of them.  When  my Dad went into ministry as a Senior, I lived with Tim and his family. When Stephanie and my young family lived in Goshen, Indiana, we had great friends in Ron and Linda Mabry. Our young families spent countless hours, playing cards, golfing, and just having fun.  One of my best friends of all time was Jim Rousseau.  We worked together as youth directors, in Fort Wayne. We played a lot of basketball together and had conversations about all sorts of family issues.  What a great friend. Certainly my best friend of all time is my wife, Stephanie.  We have spent a wonderful 32 years together and have generated a lifetime of memories. 

Paul's best friend after his life changing encounter would have to be Timothy. Everybody has to have a friend like Timothy.  you need someone to be able to confide in.  You need someone to share with your Great moments and life's valleys.  You need someone to talk to, argue with, be honest with, share your private feelings and your personal trials.  I know you have heard it before and it sounds kind of cliche' but Jesus wants to be that special friend.  He wants to spend time with you.  He wants you to share all your joys, sorrows, and fears.  No one will be more loyal than him.  How many of your friends would give their life for you,  He would.  He did!  He is the true meaning of a best friend forever!

Lord, Thank you for being my best friend.  I treasure our time together.  I can't even think about my life without you. It is great to have someone to really open up to and who will Love me know matter what kind of dumb things I will do or have done. Thank you for the people you have put in my life.  It's great to have friends. Amen!

No comments: