Sunday, August 5, 2018

Two are Better than One

Ecclesiastes 4:9: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?"

40 Years ago today, my lovely wife and I gave our lives to each other and our two became one and our one became two. We always think about marriage as two becoming one and I agree. We are of one mind, one spirit and one heart. But, God also made us individuals. Stephanie and I are different. Most of our friends and family are well aware of our differences. We are two different people that God decided to knit into ONE. Yet, we still remain separate. This verse tells why that is so important.

Stephanie is the great complement to me. I just can't imagine the person I would be without her. It's not just her love of me. Her character, her heart, her compassion, her gentleness, her love of family, her servants heart make me a better person. Those strong traits cover for many of my weaknesses and shortcomings. God brought us together for that specific reason. He looked at us separately and knew he could make both of us better by bringing us together. He thought he could make the world a better place through our kids, our grandkids, and now our GREAT grandkids. The Lord did this and I am blessed abundantly every day because of the wonderful woman he blessed me with these past 40 years. I am so blessed. It is my greatest example of GRACE that God has blessed me with. I deserve nothing as wonderful as my wife, yet God thought differently and I am honored and humbled he did.



Happy Anniversary to the LOVE OF MY LIFE!

No comments: