Friday, August 31, 2018

Tell me what you think!

“Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1co.6.11.nlt

Can you tell I’m a follower of Christ? Do my words, my actions, my moods, my hands, and my feet, match my profession of faith?

Unfortunately I know the answer to that question is inconsistent at best.  I hope people can say I am different from the world since Christ entered my life. I hope a clear distinction is made between me and those who do not know the Lord. The Holy Spirit, living inside me, is the way I am made right. The sin that WANTS to live in me is defeated only when I invite the Spirit of the Lord to fill my life. 

There is a constant battle for our bodies, minds, and spirits while we live on this earth. We aren't left alone to fight this battle. We are given the greatest gift of all time. When the Spirit of the Lord came to dwell inside us, we were guaranteed victory here, right now. When we turn everything over to the Lord, we truly invite him to live in us, we can start to LIVE like we are designed to live. His love will overtake us. His power will help us through all difficulties and we can turn our lives to help and serve others. ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO COME INTO YOUR LIFE, RIGHT NOW!

Thank You Lord for your love. Thank you for filling me with your spirit. I am not perfect but I am on a path to take that spirit and serve you everyday of my life. Please continue to work on me. Make me a better person, serving others, and loving them with your unconditional love. I am nothing without you. Praise God your SPIRIT is within me.  AMEN!

No comments: