Tuesday, August 14, 2018

RV life

“So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1pe.5.6-7.nlt

We have been living the RV life for three months now. It has been an adjustment but it has been amazing. Life is simpler. The time I spent cutting the grass alone is so freeing. You would think simpler is easier. It’s not. Sure, I no longer have a yard to mow! Praise God! But we hand wash our dishes, we have to dump our sewage tanks once a week, laundry might include some ironing, I dance a lot with my wife as we pass in the kitchen or bathroom, and tv consists of a lot more of the farmer five. (We have discovered some great tv shows we never would have found) Yet, this back to basic life is wonderful and I can not think of a better way to live. I’m not sure why, but I have less worry, the stress is down, I am a little worried about winter, but even with that the planning has already begun. I’m feeling better about it every day.

God is in control. Stephanie and I have turned it all over to him. That, too, has simplified our lives. When we let God be God, it’s amazing how your life becomes less complicated and our freedom brings a great deal of peace.  The peace of Christ is something hard to describe. That peace is a feeling that no matter what comes your way, you will be safe in the arms of Jesus. You stop looking for the other shoe to drop. You accept the ups and downs of life and know both will not last. I praise the Lord for the peace in my life. 

No comments: