Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Fear is a Liar

Nehemiah 4:14    -- 14After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

After my relationship with the Lord, the relationship with my family is the most important thing in my life. I love my daughters, their husbands, my grandkids and most recently my great granddaughter. I will fight for them with my last breath. But, as I grow older I have realized my greatest defense for them very difficult. I just don't have a lot of options to offer them protection. But, my greatest defense for them comes from MY greatest defender, the Creator of the Universe. Many times my prayers are my ONLY defense. It IS enough. 

There is a song on the radio right now called "Fear is a Liar" by Zach WIlliams. It is certainly true. Fear is a powerful force in our lives. It can dominate our thoughts and paralyze us into inaction. Fear starts as worry. It grows and fueled by Satan and the thoughts of doom that grow inside us. There is only one cure for the fears we face. 

Prayer!

We need to release our fears, our worries, our doubts, to the Lord. This is also true as I face fears about my family. I want so much to protect them from the evils of this world. But, I can not. I am not able to be there to protect them 24 hours a day. I can't hover over them to shield them from the pitfalls of life. I CAN pray for them. I can plead to the Lord for his powerful protection. I can pray for wisdom in their decisions. I can pray for their strength as they face challenges. I can pray, pray, pray that they grow spiritually close to the Lord and that his presence be revealed to them. 

I do not fear the unknowns of today or tomorrow. I know the power of my wonderful savior is enough and I praise him for his love of me and my family. Praise God for his mighty hand.

No comments: