Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Proud?

“In the same way, you who are younger must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you, dress yourselves in humility as you relate to one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.””
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1pe.5.5.nlt

There have been many times in my life I was proud of myself. But the Lord knows when to yank me down a notch. Over my lifetime I have heard great things from my students, parents, and administrators. In my life of serving the Lord, I have gotten praise for speaking or volunteering. Just when I start getting “full of myself” God provides me with a moment that makes me realize I’m not that great. So through many ups and downs in my life I have finally come to realize anything I AM is ONLY because of Christ living in me.

I can look back on my 58 years of life in amazement, not at how great I AM, but how great my God is. I gave my life to Christ as an early teen. I have let my Lord down again and again and again. Yet, the Lord continues to look past those failures and uses me in truly amazing ways. I’ve failed as a teacher, a Dad, a servant and as a husband, but God has blessed me in all areas of my life. His grace and mercy are perfect.

Thank you Lord, thank you for my life! Thank you for overlooking my sins, my failures, and my weaknesses, and using me for your kingdom. Please Lord, use me. I owe you everything and can not ever repay you. I love you Lord, forever. Amen!

No comments: