Thursday, August 16, 2018

Rescued!

1 Peter 5:1010In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.
I read a story last night about a guy who was shipwrecked on a deserted island. He went scrounging for food on the other side of the island until he noticed smoke rising. In shear panic he ran back to the other side of the island. His shack burnt to the ground,  he was devastated.  As night fell he lay cold and completely alone. He gave up hope. The next morning a ship found him and rescued him. He asked his rescuers how they found him. They said, it was easy. We saw your smoke signal.
Never give up hope. Even when you are alone and in complete darkness, never give up hope. Your greatest hope is in Jesus. He will bring you through even the darkest hour. I know this form personal experience. God has brought me through so many challenges and obstacles. If you do not have a relationship with Jesus. NOW IS THE TIME. Fall to your knees, confess that you are a sinner and accept the perfect grace of Jesus. Ask him to be the Lord of your life. The challenges and stresses of life will fade away. You will be rescued! You will be restored! You will be supported! You will be strengthened! God will place you on a firm foundation that can not be moved in the evil of this world. 

Dear Lord, I am truly blessed and feel your presence in my life through the ups and downs I face. I love you and praise you for all you have done for me. Use me today to show your wonderful love. Use me today to serve others and be an example of selfless sacrifice for others. Amen!


No comments: