Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Buy, Buy, Buy!

“Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1pe.5.8-9.nlt

“In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1pe.5.10.nlt

Stephanie and I have committed to our goals of simplification and debt free living. In a year or so, we should be completely debt free. But, Satan is tempting us. Since our debt load is greatly reduced, it’s tempting to buy, buy, buy. I went by a lake lot tonight that Steph and I considered purchasing earlier in the summer, until we found out it’s cost. We quickly backed off. Tonight I saw it was still for sale. It would be amazing, but it would set back our goals for at least a year and the cost is triple we are willing to spend. It would be so easy to abandon our plans.

Right before school began, on our way back home from Minnesota, I told Steph this would be a challenging year. I told her I thought Satan would do everything in his power to keep us from retiring and pursuing our ministry goals. It looks like the battle has begun. Except, he has no idea who he is dealing with. No it’s not me he has to worry about. He is up against the creator of the universe. He’s going down!

Dear Lord, reveal your plan. Fill us with your guiding spirit to pursue that plan. We only want to serve you! But, we need your power and strength to battle the doubts and worries about our future. I trust you. Your plan throughout my life has been perfect and I know that will be true through eternity. I praise your name for the life you have granted Stephanie and I. We love you and want nothing more than to do your will! Amen!


No comments: