Thursday, August 2, 2018

Day One!

Romans 12:1Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
Ahh! Getting up at 5:30am, there is nothing like it! Students arrive today at GKB Schools. We are ready for DAY ONE!
Well, I might not REALLY be enthusiastic about getting up at 5:30, but I am ready to start another year of teaching. (Probably my last) I am excited to reconnect with my old students and to start building relationships with my new ones. Yes, I will teach them some math. But, that doesn't really excite me as much as just being with my students. We laugh, we cry, we celebrate, we console, we LIVE LIFE together. That is the best part about being a teacher. I love helping them get ready for their future lives. 
I am a servant of Christ everywhere I go. School is just one of the places I go. I serve my students. I serve my community. I serve my Lord by teaching kids. We all need to look at our professions as an outreach of our lives with Christ. That doesn't mean we have to directly share the gospel, although that may happen. More importantly we live our lives, we work our jobs, as Christ would. We serve others. Jesus was a carpenter before he started his ministry. I am sure every project he took on, he gave it his all and the service he provided to others was nothing but the best. No matter what profession you are in, serve with the joy and love of Christ. Give your best. You are a LIVING SACRIFICE, HOLY AND PLEASING TO GOD!

No comments: