Monday, August 20, 2018

A great Weekend

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:9-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/gal.6.9-10.nlt

I had a wonderful weekend. Saturday I got to share the message of Christ to a group of bikers at a bullying/ suicide prevention rally. It was all God. I was there as a member of CMA and to provide a perspective from an educator on the issue of bullying and teen suicide. I sat through several great speakers, but the general theme was bashing educators. First of all, I get it. Some schools do not make this a priority and many of my fellow educators are just not helpful. I had to fight for my profession. I couldn’t just listen to the bashing. I also struggled with the dancing around solutions to bullying and teen suicide. I got to proclaim the only real hope, though the power of Jesus.

I am proud to have shared this with the same people on three different occasions. Is it making a difference? Only God knows. But, I refuse to give up. I refuse to let Satan get the upper hand. I refuse to sidestep the real issues. We need to turn to God! I would have to say, I got a little passionate! I can't help but be passionate about bringing HOPE to our young people, helping them survive this crazy world, through the power of Jesus Christ. I will never tire of the message of Jesus and won't stop until I am called home. 

Dear Lord, We need you now in this world more than ever. Our future generation has lost hope, many have given up. Please Lord, help me make a difference in providing that hope and showing them YOUR unconditional Love. Help me to serve them in every way I can. I Love you Lord and praise you for the harvest of blessings you have already provided to me and my family. I am humbled by your mercy and grace. Amen!

No comments: