Monday, August 13, 2018

Praise God for the pain!

1 Peter 5:5-7  5And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.6
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. 7These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

1:6 Or So you are truly glad.
It is funny how life changes. Last year at this time, I was in a bad place. I was angry at my situation and the attacks I was feeling. Now a year later, I can praise God for that time in my life. That season has brought us to a place where we are looking forward greatly to the future. Retirement is around the corner and I see such promise and hope. Had I not gone through that time, I would NOT be in the place where I am right now. I love how God takes us through trials and when we come out on the other side, we are better for it. I wish I could praise God more DURING the trials. Maybe I will be able to do that the NEXT time. 
Praise God for his love, mercy, and grace. I can not imagine traveling a different road than the one I have traveled for the past 58 years. Thank you Lord for directing my life. 

No comments: