Friday, August 24, 2018

Make a List

James 5:16 -- Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
Matthew 18:19 -- “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you."

I am a list person. I am hyper organized and sometimes I take that to an extreme. But one of the lists I treasure the most is my prayer journal. Yes, I keep a prayer journal. It's easy. When I get a prayer request it goes on one of my note pages on my phone. When it gets "answered" I put the word PRAISE beside it. I never take anything off that list. It's fun each morning and evening to look at that wonderful list of PRAISES. The Lord has answered SO MANY of my prayers.  At the bottom of my prayer list is a "bucket type list" of things I would love to achieve in my life time. I also turn those over to the Lord each day. 

I Love speaking to the Lord and turning over my life to him through prayer. Please do the same thing. Try it. Try keeping a journal and when you tell someone you are praying for them, don't just say a short prayer and move on. CONTINUE to pray for them. If you earnestly approach the Lord with your prayers, he will respond with such wonderful results. His GREAT power is seen through the prayers of you and me. 

Dear Lord, Thank You for the gift of prayer. Thank you for listening to this weak, sinful servant. I love you dearly and praise you for all the wonderful joys in my life. Use me Lord! Amen!

No comments: