Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Complaining!

“But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1jn.1.9.nlt

Stephanie and I had a very full three day weekend. We rode over 350 miles, fellowshipped with our CMA family, cleaned, replaced a window, had great fun with the family, and enjoyed time together. I had a strange observation throughout the past 72 hours .

People are never satisfied.

I know you’ve seen it. It happens in sports where coaches and fans are only happy with perfection. It happens in ministry, churches, families, just about everywhere.  We need more members, more fellowship, less fellowship, more money,  for ministry. It happens on fellowship rides, the rides are too long, too short, the food is too cold, too expensive, service too slow. IT happens in families where the kids not good enough, mom and dad are too tough, or don't care. It happens at work where the boss is too tough, doesn't care, or the work is not fulfilling. We whine and complain about everything. Don't even get me started on Politics. 

We are never happy.

I am SO GLAD the Lord doesn't have the same attitude. He Loves us regardless what we do. Some of the things we do must sadden him, but he looks WAY past our flaws. He doesn't spend eternity criticizing his children. He doesn't spend time complaining about how we have messed things up in his creation. He just loves us through it all. He loves us so much that regardless of knowing us and our sinfulness he sent his son to die for us.

Dear Lord, Help me to recognize the GOOD in this life. Help me to NOT be one of those people that complain about everything. Help me to find the good in others and to show the GOOD in my life. I love you Lord and praise you for my wonderful family, friends, and the life I live. Help me to continue to serve you. You are amazing and I am humbled by you. Amen!


No comments: