Monday, December 16, 2013

Family = Mom!

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: (Proverbs 31:28 NIV)

I have great daughters. I have great grandkids. I wish I could take credit! Truth is, my wife is the real reason for my wonderful Christian family. Her heart for our family is pure and the love she shares is amazing. The character of a business "starts at the top" , the character of a family begins and ends with MOM. This is even more true for the Christian Family. As we were raising our family she made sure our kids had clothes and all the necessary things to grow up at her own sacrifice. She was the taxi driver, cook, maid, nurse, teacher, laundry service, counselor, disciplinarian, and Christian example. She never complains and would do anything for her family, even at the cost of her own health. 

My wife is the epitome of a great family leader. She has an undying love for her daughters and an equal or greater love for her grandchildren. She has always given selflessly and with no limits. It's Christmas and we focus on Jesus, as we should. But I often think of Mary and her great sacrifices. My lovely wife follows her great example. Mary was blessed to be the mother of our savior, but she had to sacrifice all from Jesus birth to his horrific death on the cross. She was a true example of the typical Christian mother.

I thank The Lord for being blessed with such a wonderful, loving wife. She has passed that love and family dedication to our daughters. She is the greatest blessing of my life. 

No comments: