Monday, December 30, 2013

Safe and sound!

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord. (Psalm 27:5, 6 NIV)

God never promises a life free of trouble. Sometimes that trouble is minor. Sometimes that trouble is massive. He does promise to keep us safe. He is our shelter and even though evil presses in on all sides we are protected. Thank you Lord for getting me through all the rough times of my life. My joy is in you!

2013 has been a great year with very little trouble or stress in my life. I would count this as one of my best years. God has blessed me abundantly. I am embarassed by all the great blessings I have been granted. The highlights of 2013 include the birth of another grandchild, a great ministry year with CMA, a wonderful summer trip to California with my wonderul wife, a new adventure in Personalized Learning at school, and so many joyous times with my family. 

I have been held safe and sound in God's dwelling place. I am thankful beyond words for the grace God has given me and my family. May we serve him every day during 2014.

No comments: