Sunday, December 15, 2013

Extravagant Generosity!

Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It’s way over our heads. We’ll never figure it out. Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice? Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him. Always glory! Always praise! Yes. Yes. Yes. (Romans 11:33-36 MSG)

I feel sorry for people who don't know God. They miss out on life. There is nothing like his extravagant generosity. He uniquely loves us, those created in his own image. It makes for a life filled with peace and adventure at the same time. I have really studied God over the past 15 years. I know people, like my grandfather, who studied him for an entire lifetime. Yet, they and I am no closer to being able to explain him. I am no closer to knowing him. He is so wise, loving, and amazing. I don't really expect to get to know him like I know my wife or my family. I still have a long way to go with them. My study of God is not so much to know him as to be with him. To hear his voice, to feel his presence, to feel his love, is my greatest hope. Everything about my life is in him, through him, and for him. May I share the love he has granted me every day of my life.

What I do know? He loves me! He shows me everyday by the blessings I receive, by the protection he provides, and by  his direction of my path. But, most importantly he showed me that love by sending his son to live with us and die on the cross for us! Merry Christmas. Celebrate Jesus this holiday season. He is the reason for the season!

No comments: