Sunday, December 22, 2013

Who do you serve?

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, (Ephesians 6:7 NIV)

Are you a servant? Do you work a job or do you serve your company? Are you a teacher or do you serve your students? Are you a parent or do you serve your kids? Are you a husband/spouse or do you serve your spouse? Every task we undertake should be from the heart of a servant. 

We are to serve wholeheartedly. Everyone we contact, every day, we should serve like they are The Lord. I'm ashamed to say I fall far short of being a true servant. I am more interested in my own agenda than to serve others. 

We all need to change and look at Christ for the leadership of a real servant. Yes, a true leader serves those he leads. A true servant looks to the needs of others before his own. A true servant gives sacrificially. It is not a popular position in society. Servants are looked on as weak. God looks at the servant as strong and rich. True service is directed by the Holy Spirit. It is the prayer of Christs followers that leads to serving his kingdom. Service is not dreamed of in the heart of man, but in the heart of God. 

Dear Lord, Search my heart, give me the heart for service. Help me to see the needs of others ahead of my own. Provide the opportunities and the willingness to be used for your purposes and not my own. Forgive me for my weak faith. Forgive me for inaction and neglect of those in need. 

No comments: