Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pray for ........,,!

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, (Ephesians 6:19 NIV)

It seems selfish to ask someone to pray for me. Everyone has need for prayer and I am no different. This verse is what I would ask you to pray on my behalf. As a matter of fact, this is the prayer I say for myself several times a day.

I know so many people. How do I pray for all of them? I have to admit I spend most of my morning and evening prayer time praying for my family or myself. I'm not ashamed, but I should pray for more people. Just like me, we all need prayer. So many people have no one to pray for them. I have, on occasion prayed for coworkers and I am on the prayer chain at church. I get requests and faithfully pray for those people. I need to do more.

I am pledging to pray for more people. I will pray for people I encounter each day, the students, the parents, the coworkers, the strangers that I meet. I will pray the prayer that each of these people grow closer to God, come to know the saving grace of Jesus and be open to the direction of the Holy Spirit. We can change our communities by spending more time praying for people in that community.

No comments: