Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Center of Love!

But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God’s love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life! (Jude 1:20, 21 MSG)

I am waiting on the day Christ comes for me. Until that time, I will spend my time praying and staying in the center of Gods Love. That is living the real life. What does it mean to be in the center of Gods Love? If I'm in the center I am deeply immersed in his love. As far as I can go Gods love is present. The world is outside and I'm protected from its reach. I pray we can reach the center of his love.

Where I'm at is my own choice.God provides a place for me to be safe and secure from harm. I get there by being in his love, praying continuously, and serving others. If I'm not in the center of his love, I am exposed to the world. The world can be an ugly place. I have found that I move in and out of his love as I walk through my day, week,and year. He wants me to be there always but my weakness and selfish desires keep me from being there. When I focus on myself and not my family, or serving others, I fall out of his love. When I get too busy to pray or build my faith through his word, I fall out of the center of his love. It's not that he doesn't love me, it's that I reject that love. That's not too smart! 

Dear Lord, please help me stay in the center of your love. Be patient with me when I fall away and grant mercy when I return. I love you and want to be with you every moment of my day. Amen!


No comments: