Friday, December 13, 2013

Knocking Down Walls

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36 NIV)

Free -- to be unrestrained or unobstructed

We have so many barriers in our lives. Do you remember the Berlin Wall? What about the color barrier and civil rights? The barrier for women's rights? The Sound Barrier? Man has come up against and destroyed many barriers through our history. The ability to break down those walls can be directly attributed to Jesus Christ. Many of the barriers I face on a daily basis are self imposed. Others are placed there by Satan. He just loves to see us separated from God. The barriers I see on a daily basis are not as Grand as those we have faced as a nation or a planet. Yet, they keep me from being the best person I can be. I struggle with barriers that keep me doing the best I can in the classroom. If aight battles trying to be the best servant for Christ. The only way I overcome those barriers is to count on Jesus to knock them down. None of those walls stand a chance against my savior. Once we accept the power of Jesus nothing stands in our way. We are free! 

I pray Jesus continues to fight for our rights. I pray he gives us the wisdom and power to overcome obstacles placed to keep us from serving and helping others. I pray that I am not a barrier to others coming to know Jesus. Praise God he loves me and watches over me every minute of my life. Thank you Lord!

No comments: