Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I will obey!

So he did what the Lord had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. (1 Kings 17:5 NIV)

I try to do what I'm told. To the best of my ability, I am a soldier. At school, in ministry, in life I want and strive to be obedient. That doesn't mean I don't question orders. I want to discern between the call of The Lord and my own personal desires. I am no different than anyone else. I have a difficult time separating the two. I have to admit, I do question God. I think we all have moments where we question what we are doing. Why has God sent me here? Why is this happening? At the end of the day, I will obey and do as he has asked, just like Elijah in 1 Kings.

I feel strongly I have been called to teach and lead. I don't always do a great job at each,but they are my life goals. Sometimes I would rather just follow. A follower has much less stress. But, I'm obedient to my God who calls me. Teaching can be the same way. It can be a struggle to deal with students, parents, staff, and the issues that come up every day. The fact remains, I am where God has placed me, for his reasons. I will be obedient to that calling. I am thankful that God has a plan, loves me, and promises to care for me forever.

No comments: