Sunday, October 6, 2013

Can you be certain?

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. (Hebrews 1:2 NIV)

I am certain my Heavenly Father created the universe. I am as certain as I am that 2 + 2 = 4. I can point to countless events in my life. People might blow those off as coincident, seeing a God that I want to see, willing him into existence. God is real. I even think you can prove it with the stars in Heaven. I read tonight in my devotion that scientist believe the stars and planets are held in place by a power. They believe the power exists and yet believe that power can not come from nothingness. Yet, the heavens are held in place. So this power must come from something. I know where, they don't. 

The complexity and organization of our universe should be enough to point to the existence of a God. People still deny it. It doesn't change the proof. My life, the bible, the power of the universe, can lead to only one conclusion and we praise God it does. 

So, what would I say to a nonbeliever? Just ask God to reveal himself to you. I'm not saying test God. I'm saying ask God to reveal his power, grace, and mercy to you. If you are sincere, God will. He reveals himself every day to those who call on him. He is present in our lives just waiting on an opening that we may believe in him. Try it! You can be certain in the existing of our Heavenly Father. 

No comments: