Sunday, October 13, 2013

An Honorary Award!

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. (Philippians 3:9 NIV)

I've done some pretty good things in my life. It sounds weird to say that. I gave my life to Christ as an early teenager. My dedication to Christ has been up and down over the years. During the up times, I have done some good things. I have served people, worshipped, brought people to know Christ and done other Good Works. Yet, through all that I have done, I am not righteous in any way, shape, or form. I am still the same sinner. I have come to know I can't attain righteousness. It's not something within my grasp. It is only through my faith in Jesus that I can wear a label of righteousness. It is not my earned label. It was earned by Jesus on the cross. It would be like me receiving an honorary doctorate. I wouldn't deserve it, I would only have it through a gift. 

I accept the gift and because I am so unworthy, I will serve the giver of this marvelous gift. I can't do enough, but want to try.

No comments: