Friday, October 25, 2013

Ignore the Critics!

God and Jesus and angels all back me up in these instructions. Carry them out without favoritism, without taking sides. Don’t appoint people to church leadership positions too hastily. If a person is involved in some serious sins, you don’t want to become an unwitting accomplice. In any event, keep a close check on yourself. And don’t worry too much about what the critics will say.... (1 Timothy 5:21-23 MSG)

I have reached a place in my life where I'm not concerned about my critics. Our society is full of critics. Most people are selfish when it comes to analyzing others. I like to trying new things and I'm not afraid of failure. I am always analyzing what I'm doing and how can I make it better. This is particularly true at school. I want to check my motives all the time. Am I doing something that is better for me or better for my students? I can't get stuck in old ways of teaching just because it's always been done that way. It's easier to keep doing what I've always been doing. That's not always what's best for kids. We need to stretch ourselves. Challenge tradition in favor  of progress. 

We have a lot of spiritual critics out there also. Some think riding a motorcycle for Christ is ridiculous. Taking Christ to a bar or "Sin filled" biker event is tantamount to blasphemy. Critics in the church are everywhere. We don't play the right music, the preacher doesn't preach the right way. We emphasize youth too little or too much. We've watered down the gospel message or are too tough. When it comes down to it, we have one critic that matters. The only analyst we should call upon is The Lord. His opinion is the only one that matters. If God calls us, we have to go! If the spirit leads us to the lions den, we should not hesitate. We need to ignore the noise of earthly opinions and listen only to the voice of our creator. Can a person be wrong following the voice of the Father? NO WAY! Satan wants to place doubt in our minds. He doesn't want us to grow or change. His voice comes through many of the people in our daily lives. We need to learn to be more sensitive to Gods voice than the voice of our detractors! 

IGNORE THE CRITICS, LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR CHRIST!

No comments: