Saturday, October 26, 2013

Winter's Coming!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)

I cleaned out the garage today. Put the mower in the shed, packed away the camper, replaced the furnace filter, checked out the garage heater, and parked the car in the garage. I'm ready for winter. Sure, we'll probably have an Indian Summer at some point. But, winter is on the way. Hoosiers know what the change of seasons looks like. The cornfield behind our house is now empty.  Things are changing. 

Not Jesus!

I used to love the change of seasons. Being a motorcyclist and having a wife that physically has difficulty handling winter, I could do without the change. I like stability and warmth. My 35 years of marriage, my family, and most of all My God provides me with consistent, never ending love. I can rely on it. There is no greater feeling in life than the love of a God when I rise and when I lie down at night. There is no more comfort than the love offered freely by Jesus! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No comments: