Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Don't be over matched!

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7 NIV)

Submit: accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.

When you ride a motorcycle, you are overmatched by every vehicle on the road. It's the law of physics, F= Mass x Acceleration. When I ride I need to be ready to "yield to a superior force". That is the reason I am so alert to my surroundings. I need to have an exit plan at every point on my route. When I come to an intersection with other vehicles, I have to assume one of them is going to pull out in front of me. I cover the brake and am always ready!

My life is just like riding my motorcycle. It is inevitable that I will yield to the superior force of the creator of the universe. Everyone will bow down to Jesus. We need to stop fighting it and come to our powerful, yet loving, Heavenly Father. Once we do this, we now take the upper hand when encountering evil. But we can't take those confrontations lightly. We need to be aware of the presence of sin, evil, and the devil. We need to have an exit strategy for every situation we encounter. We need to be ready to resist evil. Satan is a Whimp. All it takes is a little resistance and he will flee. We just need to call on the power of Jesus and the strength to resist will be overwhelming. We will win! 

No comments: