Saturday, October 19, 2013

POWER

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know ...... his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, (Ephesians 1:18-20 NIV)

We have such a puny view of power. We view our President as having great power. Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet yield power in the form of money. The power of man is so short sided, limited to trivial acts. None can compare to the power of God. None of these men, have, or ever will, defy the laws of nature. They can't walk on water, change water to wine or bring the dead to life. They will never rise from the dead. My God has done all those things. His power is beyond all I can imagine. I know of a Gods power because the Bible tells me so. I also know of that power because he has used it for me. He has raised his powerful right hand to help me throughout the struggles of my life. He has performed miraculous signs on me just as powerful as he did in the bible. A loving, healthy family, meaningful work, Deep friendships, a great home, financial security, and an all around joyful life, are all examples of his handiwork. If you think those things are not miracles, read the local newspaper or watch a national news program. Try as they might, the power brokers of our country want to take care of me. They don't even need to try. I have a God with infinite power watching over me.

No comments: