Thursday, October 31, 2013

It's not about me!

And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. (Matthew 23:12 NKJV)

It's not about me!

I am in several leadership positions in my life. I'm not trying to brag, it's fact. It could be easy to get a "Big Head". 

It's not about me!

I am a leader as a teacher. If I lose sight of the needs and wants of the students, I'm a failure as a teacher. Students shouldn't have to adapt to me and my teaching style, I should have to adapt to them. If a student fails, I have to take responsibility. 

It's not about me!

In ministry, like CMA, I'm a leader. It would be easy to think of ourselves as being righteous. We are going out to share Jesus with people who don't know him. We are great, right? The Bible clearly states we're not. We are ALL sinners. None of us are righteous. If we can get to the point where we come to grips with our sin and humble ourselves before The Lord, then we can truly serve others. 

It's not about me!

I'm a leader in my family. When it comes to making decisions, I can't do it from selfishness. I need to be a team player with my family. I have to be able to share my thoughts and rally hear the thoughts of others. I need to make sure I help the family and sacrifice, when I need to, for the good of the family.

It's not about me!

I am a selfish person at heart and I need to make sure I keep my own selfishness in check! I am not that great and I have weaknesses I would like to say don't exist. These four words can help me keep from exalting myself. "It's not about me!" Lord help me humble myself before you, listen to your direction in my life and always remember these four words!

It's not about me!

No comments: