Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bad things happen!

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. (Ephesians 6:13 NIV)

I wear a tie most days to school. That used to be the standard. Kids ask me why. I wear a tie out of respect for the teaching profession. I want my students to know I respect and value them so much that I want my clothing to reflect that. I don't want them to value learning like I do. We do have casual days and I participate in those days like everyone else. Even then, I dress in nice jeans and shirt. 

In teaching, my appearance, my body language, my face, tell everyone how much I think of my profession, my school, and my students. They are not getting a second rate teacher. I think when you do that it helps create a tone for your classroom. That positive tone keeps bad things from happening. If I take care of all the little details, it is a big step to having a productive group of students.

In my life, prayer, bible study, and worship, set the tone. This armor shines through in my conversations, my actions, and my attitudes. A Christian dresses the part by putting on the armor. It says to the enemy, "I'm ready for you!" , "You can't harm me!" . It keeps evil away from you because he knows you are serious about your relationship with God. You need to be ready for the evils of life. Put on the armor!

No comments: