Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Daylight Savings Time

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (John 3:19 NKJV)

Daylight savings time ends this weekend. I'm sorry to see it go. I know it's not popular, but I love it during the summer. Sure, Saturday night it will take a while to reset the clocks and there are some businesses that it hurts. There are also some that it helps. Regardless, getting those extra hours of daylight on the motorcycle is awesome or the extra fun times on the beach more than make up the inconveniences. The dark and gloom of winter is just around the corner and I will long for the sun drenched afternoons of summer. I love the light. 

I do know people who love the night. They don't really come to life until after hours. Night, to me, has one sole purpose.............SLEEP! Yet, these night owls don't see it the same way. They want to party all night. In my 53 years of life there is more harm than good taking place at night. 63% of rapes and 71% of car thefts occur at night. (Wiki.answers.com) Night time is a time for no good.

When Jesus came to this earth, he brought with him a great light. People didn't notice it then and they are still not noticing. Jesus Christ is our light. He destroys darkness and the evil accompanying it. Bring his light into this cold dark world. We need the warmth, the light, and the Love!

No comments: