Sunday, May 28, 2017

Peace will return!

“When King David was settled in his palace and the Lord had given him rest from all the surrounding enemies, the king summoned Nathan the prophet. “Look,” David said, “I am living in a beautiful cedar palace, but the Ark of God is out there in a tent!” Nathan replied to the king, “Go ahead and do whatever you have in mind, for the Lord is with you.”” 2 Samuel‬ ‭7:1-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬ http://bible.com/116/2sa.7.1-3.nlt


Right now I'm not very comfortable! 

Do you know what that means?

God is up to something and usually that something deals with growth! But, I hate it. Don't get me wrong. I don't hate growth. I hate the pain associated with the growth. I love being comfortable. Comfort usually means peace in my life, just like King David. I have had more peace in my life than I deserve. That's grace! But, God doesn't let me stay at peace for long because he knows I will stagnate if I don't grow. Like the old saying, "we are either green and growing or ripe and rotting."

Nobody likes the idea of "No pain, no gain". It has been true throughout my entire life. I can look back and say the pain was worth it. I can look back and see the mighty hand of the Lord, active, and helping me through all the turmoil. He will not fail me now! 

So, I wait on the Lord. He will eventually provide peace. This season will pass. Joy will return. The Lord is still King! Praise God for his infinite wisdom, power, and strength!

No comments: