Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Peaceful life

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.””
‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬ ‭NLT‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.16.33.nlt

Knowing that God is in charge fills me with peace. Even in the midst of turmoil, there is peace. No one likes the pain until we can step back and look deeply into that unique moment. It's then we realize that we have grown through the trial and pain. The moments in our lives that we endure suffering are only temporary and I have never gone through trials without coming out better on the other side. Now, I even EXPECT to grow and while I still don't want to go through the troubled times, I look forward, not to the trial, but to the personal growth that always happens.

Peace in the midst of trial is truly a gift of God. It happens as we mature in our faith and learn from our experiences. It's hard to understand the power of God unless we have times where we really need him and can't survive on our own. I am so thankful to have seen his power multiple times in my life. If you want a peaceful life, turn everything over to Jesus. Trust him. 

No comments: