Monday, May 15, 2017

Oh boy! I'm in trouble!

“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.” Ephesians‬ ‭4:2-4‬ ‭NLT‬. http://bible.com/116/eph.4.2-4.

Have you ever read scripture and said, "Oh, boy I'm in trouble!" This is one of those scriptures for me. I've never really ever considered myself, humble or gentle. I can't think of myself as patient either! My personality, that I received directly from the Lord, is just not that way.

Help me Lord! Nothing is impossible for him. As I travel through this life, verses like this are meant to convict me. They are meant to change me in powerful ways. I am who the Lord made me to be, but the Lord also wants me to be a better person tomorrow than I am today. I should never be satisfied with the way I am. The only way to make real changes is through the power of Jesus. That power comes only through study of his word, constant prayer, and worship. Jesus changes us from the inside and makes us better if only we let him. Praise God I can be humble, gentle, and patient. There is hope I can be the person God wants me to be. 

Dear Lord, Change me. Take my life and let it be consecrated to the Lord. Take every breath I breathe and every word I speak and transform it for your glory and your purposes. I am not done yet. I am not satisfied where I am. I need to be a better person and I sal you, Lord, to continue to transform me. I love you Lord. I praise you for this wonderful life you have given. Amen!

No comments: