Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I don't need to know the future

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.””  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jer.29.11-14.nlt

Don't you wish you could see in to the future! If we could just predict, with certainty, what would happen tomorrow, how would it affect your life? Would you change your plans? Would you just ride it out? How exactly would knowledge of the future help us? Real faith would be knowing what was in our future and still keeping to the path we are on. This could also be true about faith for all time.

Do we have faith or not? If we hear his call we must follow his path, regardless the obstacles ahead. So why do I need to know what's ahead? I just need to trust. I need to trust in the person who created all things. I need to trust in the God that has brought me through 57 years of life as a blessed man. I don't need to know where I'm going because God has a plan, a perfect plan for me. Praise God!

No comments: