Wednesday, May 17, 2017

H2O

“Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.””  ‭‭John‬ ‭4:13-14‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.4.13-14.nlt

Do you like water?

There are so many people, my wife included, that don't like water. They prefer flavored water or some type of soda. To me, there is nothing better than a nice cold glass of ice water. I don't need soda, although I drink it and there are many other drinks I love including tea and coffee. But nothing satisfies my thirst like pure water. The description of a fresh, bubbling  spring is perfect.

Water is so important to our very existence. Life on this planet could not continue without an abundance of water. My diabetes is largely controlled when I drink adequate amounts of water. My faith is sustained only by the power of Jesus, copious amounts of scripture, worship, and prayer. Just like the seedling, I am transformed by the life giving water of Jesus. There is no substitute. 

For those that do not have the life giving spirit of Jesus in their lives, please take a drink. Ask Jesus into your life. Admit that you do not have the answers and that your life is filled with sin. Admit that Jesus is the savior of the world and died for you. Just like the watering a dying plant, you will spring to life. You will be transformed and your life will be filled with eternal blessings.

Dear Lord, Thank you for your presence in my life. Thank you for giving me life eternally. I am forever changed by your love, grace, and mercy. Amen!

No comments: