Thursday, May 11, 2017

Trust

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/pro.3.5-6.


How much do you trust God? What do you do to demonstrate to others you trust him?

I have been in CMA for 9 years and I am just now gaining the trust of some of the area bikers. It takes time and patience. I enjoy the fact that they ask me to pray for them and their rides without me ever bringing it up. They show appreciation for our supporting their causes. They acknowledge our generosity and dedication to serving others. They are comfortable around us. But, do I genuinely display that same kind of trust in God? Do I have a calmness and peace while life is going nuts. When things don't go right do I fly off the handle? Do I show worry and fret over the details? Do I really trust God?

How can I show my undying trust of God? If the lost don't see me trusting God, I am pretty confident they will not trust him either? I have to give my words substance. I can't just say I trust God it has to be visible. It has to be real. It does take time, even trusting the Lord. The more time we spend with Jesus the more we realize we can turn everything in our life over to him.  God understands but longs for us to enjoy the blessings he has planned for us. When we don't trust him and lean on our own understandings we miss out on many of those blessings. Trust in him!

No comments: