Monday, May 1, 2017

Find the time, or abandon him! The choice is clear!

“At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?” Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God. ””
‭‭John‬ ‭6:66-69‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/jhn.6.66-69.nlt

This is so sad. Looking back, how could these people just give up on Jesus and walk away. After seeing and hearing all he had done, how could you abandon him? My CMA Bikers for Change Bible Study reminded me this happens all the time. Our churches are packed full, (at least mine is), and yet we have a difficult time filling ministry volunteers for all different reasons. Millions claim to follow Christ, but missionaries are few and far between. In my own ministry, CMA, we have plenty people who want to go on fun rides, but few that want to work rallies and events. The Bible Study said when the work gets tough, people walk away. I would also say when ministry commitments call for an investment of time and preparation, people turn their backs.

Our busy schedules have places for many things like vacation, recreation, sports, and hobbies, but little time to serve the lost. We can find time for everything except serving the Lord. Spending time with Jesus is so valuable in my life. In my younger life I did abandon Jesus. Now I can't imagine leaving him. If you have been with Jesus long enough you realize, like Peter, where would we go?  Have tried many things in my life and have returned to faith because it is the only thing that matters. Ministry has belcome 24/7 and I realize there is no possible replacement for devotion to Christ and sharing his message.  I have too much to do. I am so busy, but now I look at everything as ministry. I could never think about abandoning our savior. He is not just a part of my life that I deal with from a church pew. He is embedded in every waking moment .

No comments: