Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Do you have hope right now or just in eternity?

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬. http://bible.com/116/rom.15.13.

I can truly say I've never given up hope. What I mean is my hope, my long term hope, is in Jesus. I know my salvation. I know my ultimate destination in eternity with Jesus. But, I have given up hope many times , for various reasons, in the here and now. I give up hope, even if it's only for a brief moment, on a daily basis. Have you ever pleaded for the Lord to get you through the day? When things aren't going right, does it seem like there is no end in sight? Sometimes I see a clearer path to eternity than a path through the day. My ultimate hope is secure, I am not as confident form moment to moment

I know the ultimate victory is in and through Jesus, but I wonder how much I'm going to have to suffer right now. I don't doubt God can deliver me, the question is will he deliver me? God stretches me, he molds me through stress and challenging moments. I don't want to go through this fire, but I trust in my Lord. Yet, I have to admit, I lose a small amount of hope when I am tired of life and it's trouble. 

The  key to real hope is through the JOY and the PEACE only God can provide. Last night was a perfect example. I have had trouble sleeping lately with a lot on my mind. I prayed last night for peace and the ability to sleep. The Lord answered that prayer. Praise God. As I sit here frantic about the end of the school year, or the plans for next year, or changes that are going on all around me, it is easy to get overwhelmed until you realize there is a peace I can experience only by releasing that pain, to the one on the cross. Thank You Lord! I love you and am honored with your love. Amen!

No comments: